Karma... we need to talk .....please

Ok, this is a blogging with Effy post, but I maybe a wee bit off track as far as days go, but hey , I am still here. So a big "please forgive me" for being slack in replying to your comments......thank you for posting them, I will get there, and the fact that you have dropped by to read this crazy persons little corner of the blog world has really surprised me! I did not expect this, but it is just wonderful all the same, sending hugs to all.

 Now ....down to the actual post part....

 TODAY’S NUDGE: What is something you struggle with? What battles are you fighting that most people know nothing about? What’s something about you or your life that makes you feel weird, or different, or isolated?

 Something I have been struggling with for a long while is the whole karma thing......now please don't get stressed about that statement......deep breathing everyone, I will explain ...

 I am a huge believer in karma, this is what I believe it means...yes I know this is the short version... "Good intent and good deeds contribute to good karma and future happiness, while bad intent and bad deeds contribute to bad karma and future suffering."

 I have always tried to be a good person, gentle, quiet soul, no trouble to anyone, volunteer, Bhuddist at heart, that is my nature. Please note; I have never purposely set out to do good stuff just to get karma points...honestly true.....but I didn't do any bad stuff to tip the scales either... again, just not my nature.

 So what is the point of all this rambling you ask?  Well, the battle I am fighting that most people don't know about is that I am sick, really, really sick. I have been life changing sick for a very long time and I just keep getting worse, no matter what eastern, western, holistic medicine we throw at it! I am still that gentle but crazy soul under all of this and am not cross at the universe, there is soooooo many people so much worse off than I.

 BUT.......so often I hear, "oh, that person is not nice ( probably not in such gentle words, but you know what I mean), they will get theirs, bad karma will get them" AND then there is "what did you do to get such bad luck/karma?".....

 ...... and it gets me thinking, "I must be a really, really terrible person for all this bad karma to happen to me, and to my family, (it has affected us all hugely), and continue to keep happening to me and getting worse"...sigh

 So.....please, universal energy who regulates what karma goes where, please tell me what I did to deserve all this bad karma stuff, and will it end in this life or will it carry on to the next, coz geeeeeze, enough already!

 By now I guess I may have trampled into some of your comfort zones, but this really does effect me, and others I know too. I hope you know that this is written with love and perhaps some added frustration from someone who just wants to know why <3

 So you can guess what makes me feel different and isolated...my health problems.....they are not nice and hard to manage, they keep me from doing most things, although I am sure a brisk walk would go along way to fixing a lot of things ;p

 I am also writing to post that I have yet another hiccup in the health thing that will slow me down in the blog challenge, I have just found out I have "chemical Hepatitis "...when your poor liver is poisoned by the drugs you have needed to take for sooo long.....Having a sick liver makes you very tired amoungst other things...yes very boring I know...... I will post when I can, but will read lots of your posts, please keep it up everyone you are all posting wonderful things, thank you :))

Because I don't like finishing on a down note, I am including a picture of two of my favourite things, Bhudda and my gorgeous cat, Mr Ted, sitting in early morning sunshine while it was -4C outside. Gosh, hope my children aren't reading this, they may think the cat has gone up in the favourite things list.......just kidding, always love you most Yas and Trystan xxxxx
                          Wishing you, as always, love, light and peace xxxx

Comments

  1. Hi Diane, that's a really interesting thought and I have to admit it has certainly crossed my mind at times, I have been chronically ill for a while it an odd one isn't it, the one thing I do know is that even though I wouldn't wish sickness on anyone, I did start to try and find the silver lining for myself and when I thought about it I realised how much my sickness had taught me that I would probably have never learnt otherwise, I admit its a really shitty way to learn but I have learnt lots sending you love and light <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a shitty way to learn, but I did find the "turn it around" practice really life saving....this really does help you find the silver lining....eg half empty/half full glass of water.....sometimes though it's really really hard!

      Delete
  2. I cannot even begin to answer the why. My chronic illness is not so severe, but I always ask why me. I learnt so much from sitting in dark places, I can only hope just sitting with someone else in the dark is something of comfort. I think we are here to learn the art of love despite struggle and fear. I'm working on it! Best well wishes for you. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing this Rachel, knowing there are others is a comfort...best well wishes for you too, hope all is well your end <3

      Delete
  3. I went through that period. A decade of it. If anything could possibly go wrong in the last of my 40s and beginning 50s it did. Divorce, loss of both my parents, loss of a step son and future son in law (two separate car accidents). Loss of brother in law and mother in law. Fired for the first time in my life. My second husbands diagnosis of heart disease so bad it would kill him in 3 years - uh, they were wrong, but we spend most of that time preparing for his death, then the surgery they couldn't possibly do on him because it would kill him, saved his life. Those three yeas took ten off of mine. I was completely broken and sobbing every single day. Wondering what I'd done to deserve it all.
    These days I waffle on karma. More and more, though, I'm leaning toward random chaos of the universe. It's not me. And it's not you either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, you have been through it......so sorry for all your loss and heartache....yes I am trying hard to follow the random chaos in the universe, makes more sense...but....core beliefs are hard to budge sometimes....I am trying hard though ;p

      Delete
  4. I love that photo. <3 And I'm sending many good thoughts for your health challenges. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4 blogging with Effy in September