Day 4 blogging with Effy in September

Today’s Nudge: What really stresses you out, and how to do take care of yourself when you’re in the midst of *waves at all that*.

What really stresses me out...well at the moment that's an easy one.....Blogger! 

Have been trying to add bits to my new blog and geeeeeeze, ....... I used up all my time on trying to do stuff yesterday, so no time for my post,.....yes, very sad I know, promise I will make up for it....lucky you ;p I watched lots of Blogger 101 videos but somehow things did not do what they were supposed to do......I did get a Effy button (and there was much rejoicing), but couldn't move it. So, in the end I consulted #1 son, the font of all knowledge of the interwebs, who promptly said, "oh it doesn't work properly on the iPad, need to set everything up on the laptop" ........geeeze..... needless to say, I do not have a computer or functioning laptop, just the trusty iPad,.......yep, feeling stressed about now, but you will find my Effy button in the sidebar :))

But in the real world.....
I, like many of us, am a gentle person who has so much going on in my life and in the world around me, that I am so continually stressed it just seems never ending.

Hopefully we all have toolboxes we can go to help de-stress, my motto is to try everything suggested and find what works, and use it. I have been reading about lots of wonderful de-stressing tools used within our group, what a great resource.

Personally I find the best result for de-stressing is by the power of distraction. What is this crazy person going on about, I hear you ask ??? Distraction can be by creating, wether it be art, cooking, gardening, writing blogs ;p etc., just to name a few. In our home distraction by using humour is really important, it takes your mind of stuff, it makes you laugh, which in itself is a powerful de-stressing tool. Just think about nurses, they use humour all the time, not only to de-stress patients but also to help themselves cope with very stressful stuff. I have a friend who is a nurse in paediatrics, just ask her. People do ask how we can be so cheerful when so much is going on, if only they knew that underneath we are all just treading water trying to keep our head above the tide.

BUT ...sometimes when it is all waaaayyyy to much and I feel like I am slipping below that water line, I go to the sea. Something about waves crashing and wild sea winds lifts me. The salty damp wind on my face, waves crashing against rocks, the bigger and louder the better, I imagine my troubles and stresses coming in on those waves and breaking up into tiny pieces on the rocks, some evaporating into the universe. These tiny pieces are so much easier to deal with. I can sit for hours just watching, listening, absorbing and thinking. Sounds strange but it works for me.   

I am so blessed to live near the coast in a rural area, I have even included images ...take that Blogger ;p ........here is some of our local coast

                                    
               May you find the tools you need for de-stressing and may they work really, really well for you :))                                                                                        Wishing you love light and peace xxxx

Comments

  1. There's an effy button?! Lol
    I love the ocean. Sometimes you have to take time out to recharge and gain some clarity and the sea is the best place to do that! Much love. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, I am just so lucky to be so close to the coast

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhhhh....the sea. Yes. I feel you on the healing power of the sea. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! I have to really distract myself. If it is turning on my direct tv 90s jam while cooking, or writing in my stj outside watching leaves fall. Great read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to be by the ocean but if I can't get there, I de-stress by putting on my headphones and listening to podcasts or youtube videos. Congrats on your blog! You did it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the congrats .....still with huge training wheels though ;p

      Delete
  5. Humor! I love that you named humor as a destressor. Sometimes if I am alone, I binge watch old comedies and laugh. I truly believe in the power of laughter to heal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, Monty Python is always a great go to for destressing in our house ;p

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog