Day 2 of  blogging with Effy in September.. What do you really want?

After reading our group blogs, I see many of us are in agreement of wanting a peaceful life and world, with unconditional love and acceptance of each other and respect for our poor suffering planet and all it holds......air, water, plants, minerals, critters large and small.......everything.
My heart aches continually for these things, it is just so very overwhelming. With all this in mind, I am often drawn to one of my all time favourite songs, Imagine, by John Lennon......and we can follow that up with, Across the Universe, by the same peace loving poet. Sometimes loosing oneself in song eases the heart .... it does for me, even though I feel so useless in this worrying world.

On a more very personal note......
what I really want is to go for a brisk walk...you know, the type where you feel the wind on your face,  hear your feet crunching leaves on the path...the type that fills you with happy endorphins which melt all the current worries away leaving you refreshed, happy and ready for whatever comes next.
I have never been a sporty type, (even though I have played sport in my youth), gym junkie, aerobic type or any other cardio good for you things, I have always preferred walking. When the children were little, when things starting getting out of control....you know what I mean.....I would put them in the stroller and off we would go for a brisk walk. The first block would be fast and quiet, then we would slow down, pointing out pretty flowers, looking for cats in windows...you get the drift....and by the time we were home all would be calmer and usually happier. I have done this throughout my life, a brisk walk or longer bush walk was my calmer, my lifeline, nowaday it would probably be called a mindfulness or meditation practice.

Unfortunately, because of some not nice physical health issues, I am no longer able to take a brisk walk, so yes, a brisk walk or infact any walk is what I really want.

All is not lost though, recently a friend told me about some videos on utube, relaxing walks, in first person view. It is like you are on a wondrous nature walk, no added sound, just the wind, birds and feet on the ground. Because I have many memories of long bush walks it is easy to imagine I am there as I immerse myself into the video....although my elderly cat howling in the background is a little distracting  sometimes ...lol.....if you have a moment check them out, they are very calming, especially without the howling cat!

Phew, that was a long post for just my second ever blog, I am usually a person of few words.....thank you again Effy for this challenge.....looking forward to day 3 and reading everyone's blogs...thanks for reading

Love, light and peace xxxx

Comments

  1. You have a lovely way with words. I love your description of a walk, and yes, I know exactly what you mean! The videos on youtube sound really cool. I will have to look for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish I could wave a magic wand and make a walk possible for you right now. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you ......wish I had one too, I would wave it and fix your tooth :)))

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I could feel the storm of emotions as you described setting out at a brisk pace until gradually slowing down and noticing the beauty around you. Sending love and light your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh a brisk walk... yes. I understand why not being able to do that is affecting you. Sending you love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I share your sorrow about the loss of brisk walking. I see people in the park below my house walking along the harbor and wish I were doing that too. I deal with this by focusing more on things I love that can do. But some days it really is a downer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too try to focus on things that make my heart sing, but sometimes you just get those days don't you, and that's ok too. Hope you are doing ok at the moment, sending love and healing thoughts xxxx

      Delete
  6. yay you for your first every blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is exciting and terrifying at the same time :))

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4 blogging with Effy in September